burnaby martial arts
Safety Guidelines for Power3 Academy
Covid-19 virus has an incubation period of up to 14 days
· Transmission can occur before symptoms begin
· There is a possible risk of exposure to Covid-19 in a public indoor gym
People are not allowed in the gym:
· If he or she presents: new or worsening cough / shortness of breath or difficulty breathing / temperature equal to or over 38°C / feverish / chills / fatigue or weakness / muscle or body aches / loss of smell or taste / headache / gastrointestinal symptoms (abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting) / feeling unwell
· If he or she (or someone who lives with or close to that person) has travelled inside or outside of Canada in the last 14 days.
· If he or she has any transparent symptoms or if he or she display uncooperative actions to protect others
· If he or she does not follow the recommended guidelines by the CDC and BC Health Ministry to keep everybody safe in the gym.
· For everybody who goes to the gym, it is mandatory to notify the instructor if any circumstance changes
· Classes will be 45 minutes long to allow cleaning disinfecting between classes and attendance will only be guaranteed by appointment as the number of participants will be limited to allow social distance.
· Only the student(s) taking the class will be permitted inside. Parents can wait outside or in their car.
· Student(s) are expected to be in their workout attire before classes and bring their own water bottle.
· Bathroom use will only be available for emergencies only. Please disinfect after use, with available cleaning products.
· Enter only when instructed and after Temperature and Symptom Check
· Bring only the essentials and store them into designated shelf spot
· No cellphone use, unless it’s an emergency and call must be handled outside. Hand sanitize after phone use.
· Hand sanitize before entering workout area.
· Keep your minimum 6 feet distance. Stay in your designated area on the mat.
· No physical contact. No hugging, high fives, handshakes, fist bumps, etc
· Exit one at a time by instructor’s roll call
· No socializing after class, inside the gym